Friday, May 1, 2009

The Weeks Fly By

I find it difficult to believe that we are at the end of yet another week - a week that has been, once again, filled with amazing stories from the growing number of clients that I am seeing in individual counseling. Almost all my clients have PTSD caused by events that range from the Vietnam War to being stabbed by an angry boyfriend several weeks ago. Some are young (13), some are older (59). The stories and feelings that are shared with me can be very difficult to hear and to process as I move through time and continually consider the lives that God asks us to live. Through all the tears, anxiety, anger, and grief, however, there is rarely a time when God fails to enter the story. At some point or another, the storyteller always brings up the way(s) in which they sought God's help in living through their dilemma. Each day, I am struck by the fact that, for the most part, we all go forward. We all move through life, no matter what the circumstances, with great moments of joy, humor, and apprieciation and prayer of thanks for the gifts that God has given us. My difficult work could possibly make one question God in a negative way - for me, it has strengthened the powerful reality of a God who is with us constantly, in ways that we will never understand, with gifts that we are always discovering and receiving.

1 comment:

  1. I read your postings every day and i am so thankful you are there...Thank You I am sorry I went off your site foir awhile but I adore what you write and I will always respect You I here to stay now...Oh by the way I met a beutiful old Captain....I am so happy...God Bless Holly

    ReplyDelete